I love Fish Café’s Signature Grilled Romaine Salad. It is easy to prepare. I am going to make some for my guests on Sunday.
Here is the recipe.
2 heads of Romaine
2 cups Roquefort or bluecheese
1 cup bacon chopped and browned
1 sliced Granny Smith apple
½ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup shallots, minced
2 cups olive oil
salt and pepper
1) For Vinaigrette:Place vinegar, 1 cup Roquefort, shallots in food processor or blender.
2) With motor running, add 1 1/2 cup olive oil in a thin stream, season with salt and pepper.
3) For Salad: split each romaine head in half and trim top 1 1/2 inches and discard.
4) Brush cut half of Romaine with reserve olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Place Romaine on a hot grill for 1-2 minutes. Cut side down.
6) Place each Romaine half on a plate, with a sharp knife cut out the core of the Romaine. Sprinkle bacon, apple slices and reserved cheese on top. Dress with vinaigrette to taste. Enjoy!