I am thinking what to cook today. I remembered that I had stuff chicken breast at one of my co-workers house in Seattle. I like it very much. I searched online and found the following recipe. I would try it for dinner while I am making Asian Egg and Milk bread.
1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves (and/or mushroom)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar cheese (or pepper jack for enough kick)
4 cloves garlic, minced
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk for a few hours before preparing (1cup milk 1tbs white vinegar or lemon juice if no buttermilk on hand)-makes the chicken so moist.
- Cook bacon half way in skillet and removed. Then added the spinach and garlic to the same skillet and cooked down. When done I squeezed in paper towels to take out some of the grease.
- Mixed with sour cream, a combo of Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar cheese, pepper, salt.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, and spoon some of the spinach mixture onto each one. Roll up chicken to enclose the spinach, “X” over the top of the stuffed breast Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and tucked the bacon ends underneath or with toothpicks, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven
- With 3-4 minutes under a broiler to finish off the bacon and a light sprinkling of more shredded cheese over the top