Develop a marketing plan to promote the rental unit and attract the potential renters.
- The plan is very easy: internet, sign, brochure, word of mouth. It’s not very formal however if it’s a larger community you need a plan.
1 . Signs work because prospective tenants who want to live in your area are often cruising the area looking for rentals.
- Craig’s List (FREE) – Use Postlets to create ad for free!
- Automated Housing Referral Network (FREE – military personnel)
- www.Kijiji.com (FREE)
- Accessibleapartments.com (FREE – disabled compliance)
- OCHA Free Online Advertising for Seattle Landlords (University of WA housing)
- SeattleTimes (30 days $49)
- www.SeattleRentals.com (4 weeks $59)
- www.RentGreatSpace.com ($5 a month)
- A good marketing plan consists of strategies for attracting prospective tenants as well as retaining your current tenants!
I would like to list the rental on Tuesday or Wednesday, then stage the house and have an open house during that weekend.
We can also utilize the lockbox, the central calling service and local real estate agent if the property is far away from where I live and work.